PIG® Oil-Only Spaghetti Boom - BOM203
Specially designed to contain and absorb thick oils and other viscous liquids on water.
13cm Dia. x 3m L
- Absorbs up to 90.8 L/bag
- 4 booms/bag
- Mesh skin and spaghetti strip filler design is ideal for pulling in thick oil or for use in fast-moving waters
- Tough outer mesh is UV resistant for long-term outdoor use without degradation; lets fluids easily pass through to filler material
- Rope running along length of boom withstands up to 400-lb. loads, adding strength for deployment and retrieval
- Boom floats at surface for easy retrieval, even when saturated
- Absorbs and retains oils and oil-based liquids - including lubricants, fuels and crude oil - without absorbing a drop of water
- Strong, zinc-plated carbon steel attachment clips and rings allow you to link booms together
- Bright white color makes boom easier to see in outdoor environments and clearly shows saturation level
- Can be incinerated after use to reduce waste or for fuels blending
|Oils, Fuels, Other Oil-Based Liquids Only
|13cm Dia. x 3m L
|Up to 90.8 L per bag
|Up to 22.7 L per boom
|Zinc Plated Carbon Steel
|4 booms per bag
|# per Pallet:
Dock Workers Rules (Safety, Health and Welfare), 1990, 78 (1)
Where there is a risk of explosion from electrical equipment....non-sparking tools shall be provided and used in such atmospheres.
Typical techniques involve: Application of sorbents either loose, as mats or in “sausages”. As many low viscosity chemical spills rapidly spread to cover a large surface area, these techniques are most applicable if the spread of the chemical can be confined.